News: US 3DS launch titles
In addition to the already announced Europe launch titles Nintendo of America have announced their opening line up for the 3DS. The list is as follows with the Red being games not on the Europe list. Thanks to mynintendonews.com and NOA press release for the following.
- Pilotwings Resort™, an aerial adventure featuring airplanes, hang gliders and rocket belts. Players soar above tropical Wuhu Island in 3D as they complete missions or snap pictures.
- Steel Diver™, a submarine game that involves strategy and combat. The 3D visuals give players the sensation that they are looking into a miniature aquarium as they control the sub’s speed, depth and pitch, and fire torpedoes.
- Nintendogs™ + Cats, a game that lets players interact with realistic puppies – and kittens – in a variety of fun ways. There are three versions of the software, each with different starting breeds: French bulldog, toy poodle and golden retriever. But in each version players can unlock and enjoy more than 20 different breeds.
Third-party publishers also have a strong slate of games ready to go on March 27. These include:
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
- The Sims 3
- Madden NFL Football
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- RIDGE RACER 3D
- Super Monkey Ball 3D
- BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE
- SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles
- Asphalt 3D
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
- Rayman 3D
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Other news knocking around is that the Wii sales are down 31.5 percent . That’s a drop from 465,800 Wii consoles sold in January 2010 to 319,000 sold in January 2011….January is always low for console sales, but if this trend continues a succsessor is surely round the corner.
Quite a slow week in the world of Nintendo!